Vision, Values, Ethos and Aims
Aiming high together; we believe, achieve, succeed
All of our children are valued for their individuality. By recognising and valuing children’s particular strengths and talents, we seek to develop their full potential. We work hard to celebrate all successes, whenever and wherever they occur, no matter how big or small.
Children are encouraged to become well-rounded and sociable. It’s important to us that all our children believe in themselves and are both confident and resilient.
Our School Values
Our values underpin our vision and aims and we encourage our children to apply these values at all times.
Ready, Respectful, Safe
Our Trust Values
We embed our trust values alongside our school values
Our School Aims:
At The Wilfred Owen School we aim to:
* Develop and sustain children’s natural creativity and enthusiasm for learning, their ability to enjoy and accept challenges, set challenges for themselves and develop the resilience to take risks and get things wrong.
* Have high expectations of ourselves and others and recognise, value and celebrate the achievements of all members of the school community by providing opportunities for them to reach their full potential.
* Encourage all children to achieve a high degree of responsibility, self-discipline, self-esteem and self-reliance.
* Foster values and qualities to fully prepare children for the next stages of learning, whilst nurturing spiritual, moral, physical and cultural development.
* Promote a shared understanding of the world and the people around them and the values of the Britain in which we live.