School Logo  

Aiming high together; We believe, achieve, succeed.

Get in touch

Universal Credit Update June 2018

In May 2018 the full service for Universal Credit comes to Shropshire.    Anyone whose circumstances change and who might need to make a new claim to Income Support, Housing Benefit, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit or the means-tested parts of Jobseeker’s and Employment and Support Allowances, might be told to claim Universal Credit instead. Jobcentre Plus will be able to tell you if this is the case. The Universal  Credit assessment will include the money you are entitled to for housing costs such as your rent as well as money for any dependent children and it will be paid to you in one monthly amount. This might not be easy for everyone to adjust to so it might be possible to get the benefit paid differently and to get some help to set up and manage your money as well.   

THIS WEEK’S TIP: If you are already getting Universal Credit or if you are making a claim and you are having difficulty managing your money, you can get help by calling 0345 678 9078 and asking about personal budgeting support. You will be able to see a trained Citizen’s Advice budgeting adviser free of charge who can help you set up and manage a budget as well as talk you through how Universal Credit might be paid differently to help you.  

We are part of The Empower Trust
Click to Learn More A