Our School Aims
Our school aim is that children;
- become fluent in applying their skills, through practice with increasingly complex problems over time, so that pupils develop an understanding of key concepts and the ability to recall and use key facts;
- can reason mathematically providing proof using mathematical language;
- can solve problems by breaking them down into a series of simpler steps and showing resilience in seeking solutions;
- have a secure knowledge of number facts and a good understanding of the four operations together with an understanding of the vocabulary for calculation.
- are able to use this knowledge and understanding to carry out calculations mentally and to apply efficient and accurate written methods;
- can make use of models and images, diagrams and informal jottings to help record steps and part answers when calculating;