Communication and Language
This term we will learn to;
Understand simple questions about ‘who’, ‘what’ and ‘where’ (but generally not ‘why’).
Identify familiar objects and properties for practitioners when they are described: for example: ‘Katie’s coat’, ‘blue car’, ‘shiny apple’.
Listen to simple stories and understand what is happening, with the help of the pictures.
- Enjoy listening to longer stories and can remember much of what happens.
- Pay attention to more than one thing at a time, which can be difficult.
- Use a wider range of vocabulary.
- Understand ‘why’ questions, like: “Why do you think the caterpillar got so fat?”
- Sing a large repertoire of songs.