*Home learning update*
We will send you an email with your child's log in details. We are working hard to get them to you as soon as we can. We thank you for your patience.
Reception Home Learning Activities
Hello Clee Class!
We are missing you all very, very much. We hope that you and your families are happy and healthy. We will continue to add new ideas and activities to this page for you all to try at home. We hope to see you all soon.
Miss Luke, Miss Storey & Mrs Groom xx
*We have checked these video links at the time of updating this page but encourage you to pre-watch all videos before allowing your child to watch them to check their suitability. Thank you.
RadioBlogging : https://radioblogging.net/
White Rose Maths : https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/early-years/
Letters and Sounds
Phonics Play website has some free games and activities you can play together. It also has information for parents that you may find helpful. The children are currently working on Phase 3 sounds.
The red and orange stage programmes focus on letter sounds and names. These can be used as revision for what has been taught in Clee class. There is a useful guide for parents.
The Alphablocks stage three (yellow) programmes can also be found on YouTube.
Diagraphs: ch, sh, th, ng, ai, ee, oa, oo, ar, or, ur, ow, oi
Trigraphs: igh, ear, air, ure.
Please search for Alphablocks series 3 and a particular diagraph or trigraph. For example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JZM6uBpLGQ
Tricky Word Songs
Remember, we cannot segment tricky words we have to learn to recognise them by sight!
Here are some ideas for you to try with your child;
- Make a list of what you would like to do together. You can then tick off each activity as you complete it.
- Write a letter to a friend or a member of your family. It can be photographed and sent via email or a text message if they don’t live in your home.
- Make a card for someone who lives in your home. Write a message that will make them smile inside.
- Set up your own school using your toys, write a register and labels for all the toys in your class.
- Write a shopping list for your grown up to use when they go shopping.
- Write and send an Easter card for a friend or a member of your family.
- Draw a picture of something you have done together and label it.
Share stories together, encouraging your child to join in with repeated words and phrases. Ask them questions about what has happened in the story so far and what they think might happen next. Ask your child to retell the story themselves once they are familiar with it, using the pictures to help them sequence story events and to talk about story characters.
Here are some of Miss Luke's favourite stories that you can listen to at home. Click on the Names to Be redirected.
- The Gruffalo
- Peace at Last
- We're Going on a Bear Hunt
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Farmer Duck
- Owl Babies
- Dirty Bertie (This story is very silly! )
CBeebies Bedtime Stories
Visit the Oxford Owl for Home website.
- The Mixed-up Chameleon https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=75NQK-Sm1YY
- Can’t You Sleep Little Bear? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u1aJimzuzbg
- Over in the Meadow https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ljGXMMB-g
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rzD13WCniRg
- Jack and the Beanstalk https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zurz-pL-uzw
- Three Billy Goats Gruff https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aiy3a1v9Q2E
- The Gingerbread Man https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U89dkGrsYZY
- Little Red Riding Hood https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0W86K1jBJFI
- The Very Quiet Cricket https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YdiGEjz5b0Q
- The Enormous Turnip https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mGw5yTOPTSQ
- The Very Big Turnip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjDmebO02r0
- Three Little Pigs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-WLnxbvMyw
- The Three Little Pigs
- The Smartest Giant in Town
Here are some ideas for you to try with your child;
- 2D Shape Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEbRDtCAFdU
- 3D Shape Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guNdJ5MtX1A
- Go for a shape hunt around your house or garden. Can your child name the shapes they can see? Can they recognise a circle, triangle, square, rectangle and hexagon? Can they recognise a sphere, cylinder, cube, cuboid and pyramid?
- Compare the length of everyday objects in your home or garden and use the language of long, longer, longest, short, shorter and shortest to describe and compare them. (e.g shoes, pencils, spaghetti, string)
- Thread beads onto a string to create repeated patterns.
- Compare the height of everyday objects in your home or garden and use the language of short, shorter, shortest, tall, taller and tallest to describe and compare them (e.g flowers, trees, houses, people, furniture, cups, toys).
- Compare the weight of everyday objects in your home or garden and use the language of light, lighter, lightest, heavy, heavier and heaviest to describe and compare them (e.g stones, sticks, feathers, cups, toys, cutlery, food).
- Make your own set of number cards to practise recognising and ordering numbers to 20.
- Play Hide and Seek and use language of behind, in front, beside, next to, in and under to describe where you were hiding.
- Compare the capacity of everyday objects in your home and use the language of empty, half empty, nearly empty, full, half full and nearly full to describe and compare them. You could do this activity at bath time with cups and bottles in the bath!
- Days of the Week song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXMofxtDPUQ
There are number songs available on the CBeebies website and a helpful guide for parents.
Numberblocks on BBC iPlayer https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b08bzfnh/numberblocks?page=1.
(They can also be found on YouTube).
- Series one introduces the numbers from 1-5.
- Series two introduces the numbers from 6-10.
- Series three revises numbers from 1-10 and introduces comparing numbers, addition, subtraction, pattern and 2D shape.
Movement and Dance
P.E. with JOE
Monday – Friday, 9am Live on YouTube, The Body Coach TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6r99N3kXME
- Trolls: Can't Stop the Feeling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhfkYzUwYFk
- Action song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2qXSMENrQA
- Move and Freeze https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=388Q44ReOWE
- Robot Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpLULy-gjyc
- There was a crocodile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkanoEmIcHM
- Come on, come on clap your hands https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MugzDjGDYjo
- Shake your sillies out https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NwT5oX_mqS0
- If you’re happy and you know it https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=71hqRT9U0wg
- Have you ever seen a penguin come to tea https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uf0uKmKwnKs&list=RDQM3-0R5EGUbTA&index=11
- Jump, jump https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uf0uKmKwnKs&list=RDQM3-0R5EGUbTA&index=11
- Shake break https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zl5QodAFuVk&list=RDQM3-0R5EGUbTA&index=24
- One little finger https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eBVqcTEC3zQ&list=RDQM3-0R5EGUbTA&index=25
- I can move my body https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eBVqcTEC3zQ&list=RDQM3-0R5EGUbTA&index=25
- Happy Dance https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ6BPWyIueQ&list=RDQM3-0R5EGUbTA&index=27
- Heads, shoulders, knees and toes https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WX8HmogNyCY&list=RDQM3-0R5EGUbTA&index=27
- Clap your hands https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C3c8fzbsfOE&list=RDQM3-0R5EGUbTA&index=31
- Stand up, sit down https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t9WAGkQUUL0&list=RDQM3-0R5EGUbTA&index=30
- STOP https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bJnfhYCC-Bo
- Shake your body https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I5RUzkySseE
- Bouncing up and down https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-HLjxcrgiPg
- Twist song https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eiU7oJgktuo
- Play with me, sing along https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Qm4AxbqGQ
- Hand jive song https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHNeWSoLQZA
- Follow me, follow me https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd7p857oiVk
- I am the music man https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=22kqia2ibVU
- Down in the jungle https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-zxcGKIMcOs
- Baby shark https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZsoesa55w
Music and Rhyme
- Mr Tumble Nursery Rhymes and Makaton signs https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/watch/playlist-something-special-nursery-rhymes
- CBeebies Radio Podcasts https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/radio
- CBeebies Radio https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/radio/nursery-rhymes-playlist?collection=radio-top-picks
- Golidlocks song https://www.youtube.com/watch v=PFXE3zvXbjc&list=RDPFXE3zvXbjc&start_radio=1
- We're Going on a Bear Hunt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x1L3WeyTDA
Other Activity Ideas
- Drawing - Draw pictures together and talking about what you have both included in your picture. Encourage your child to draw pictures of favourite story characters and story events. It can be a way of recording something you have done together.
- Making a model- what is it, how did you make it, what would you change if you made it again?
- Build a Den -Work together to build a den indoors using bed sheets or duvet covers. Take pillows and cushions into the den to make a cosy family space.
- Hunt for Mini-beasts - Explore the garden looking for mini-beasts. Your child could take photos using a phone or tablet. Draw a picture of your favourite mini-beast.
- Free activities from Twinkl for Reception children. https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/eyfs-school-closure-home-learning-resource-pack-t-tp-2549362
- Woodland Trust free activities http://www.treetoolsforschools.org.uk/categorymenu/?cat=activities
- The Forestry Commission: Activities to do with the kids https://www.forestryengland.uk/blog/10-ways-keep-the-kids-entertained-through-covid-19
Welcome to Clee class, our teachers are Miss Luke, Mrs Kings and Mrs Owen.
Our whole school topic this term is ‘World Kitchen’. In Clee our focus will be ‘Food, Glorious Food’ and we will be using stories to support our writing, artwork, cooking and personal and social development. We will create a booklet of recipes linked to our focus stories and we will send these home to each family at the end of the spring term.
Our focus stories this term are;
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- The Gingerbread Man
- The Little Red Hen
We will also be sharing a range non-fiction books linked to our topic.
We will be supporting the children to plan and write their own simple sentences and segment words to write. We will be focusing on using spaces between words and full stops at the end of a sentence.
We will continue to have a daily letters and sounds session where we will learn the Phase 3 phonemes (sh, ch, th, ng, etc.) and focus on blending sounds to read and write simple words.
In Mathematics we will be learning to recognise and order numerals to 20. We will be adding and subtracting practically using objects and exploring place value. We will also be looking at the length of objects and describing the characteristics of 3D shapes
Understanding the World and Expressive Arts and Design
We will be learning about the celebrations of Chinese New Year, Shrove Tuesday and Easter.
We will be learning nursery rhymes with a food theme ready for our Rhyme Time concert for parents.
We will also be cooking, learning about food, making Chinese lanterns and exploring different role play activities.
Helping your child at home:
Please read your child’s school reading books with them as well as reading picture books together to support reading for pleasure. Please also take part in our ‘Big Talk’ homework tasks which support your child during our discussion lessons.
- Monday- Show and Tell. We love to hear about the activities your child takes part in outside of school and visits you have made as a family.
- Wednesday– Forest School. Please send your child with waterproof clothing and wellies if you are able to.
- Thursday– P.E. All children will need a white t-shirt, black shorts and trainers. We encourage children to leave their P.E kits in our bucket outside our classroom.