Welcome to Clee class, our teachers are Miss Luke, Miss Storey and Mrs Welsby.
Our focus stories this term are;
- Starting School by Jan Ahlberg
- The Enormous Turnip
- Who’s in my family? by Robbie Harris
- There Once Were Giants by Martin Waddell
- Kipper’s Birthday by Mick Inkpen
We will be supporting the children to sequence familiar stories such as Kipper’s Birthday and The Enormous Turnip and encouraging them to discuss their content.
We will have a daily letters and sounds session where we will learn the Phase 2 phonemes (s, a, t, p, i, n etc.) and focus on hearing and recording the initial sounds in words.
In Numeracy we will be learning to recognise numerals to 10, count objects to 10 and beyond and to find 1 more and 1 less. We will also be exploring shape and beginning to use the mathematical names of 2D and 3D shapes.
Understanding the World and Expressive Arts and Design
We will be learning about Harvest, Bonfire Night, Remembrance Day, Diwali and Christmas and using non-fiction books to support us.
At Forest School we will be learning about hedgehogs and how to keep them safe as well as seasonal changes.
We will also be creating self-portraits, printing with vegetables and exploring different role play activities.
Helping your child at home:
Please read your child’s school reading books with them as well as reading picture books together to support reading for pleasure. Please also take part in our ‘Big Talk’ homework tasks which support your child during our discussion lessons.
- Wednesday– Forest School. All children will need to wear old clothes, wellies and a waterproof coat to school on a Forest School day. Please provide your child with a waterproof suit or trousers if you are able to.
- Thursday– P.E. All children will need trainers or pumps in a drawstring bag.
- Please make sure that your child’s name is in all of their uniform, coats and bags.